Tapes reviews of tapes I buy or get sent.

Send cassettes for review to: Flat 16 Raddon Tower, Dalston Square, London E8 3GN.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

V/A - Nothing Short of Total War -Part One (Blast First)


Man, this tape had such a formative influence on me. Contained on this little plastic box with the Savage Pencil artwork and bright Blast First explosion logo was a who's who of late 80's American Indie Rock. Releases in 1989, this tape had staples of my musical diet such as Sonic Youth, Big Black, Rapeman, Dinosaur Jnr, Butthole Sufers, Arsenal and Ciccone Youth. It also introduced me to the klang and clamor of bands such as UT, Head of David, Big Stick and AC Temple. 

I have seen this tape and LP in many a fine second hand record shop for pretty cheap prices. You will know by the list of names above if this is needed in your collection or not. Total War = Total Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment